Mary Fisher

"Andy Dingley" wrote in message
On Fri, 3 Jun 2005 14:52:56 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

Hens eggs are very hard to cut (unless you use one from something like
Mary's hens).

Huh?

I presume you feed your hens,

Ah, I see.

Well of course I do - ad lib - only the best grain (organic, GM free etc.)
They also have scraps from our table (if it's good enough for us ... ) and
worms, woodlice, insects, spiders and the rest which they find themselves
and, if they get in the greenhouse, strawberries and, if they get in the veg
plots, whatever they like. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Also the small chalky chippings
from flints (makes super shells) and all sorts of things my poor old eyes
can't see.

rather than just hooking them up to a drip
feed of pureed school dinners and sheeps' heads, or whatever it is
agribusiness is doing this week.

I leave that to be fed to the poor things in cages which produce the
crippled chickens and pale eggs sold as the finest by the supermarkets.

Not that there's anything wrong with sheeps heads, we eat them from time to
time. It's illegal to feed meat to chickens which give meat or eggs for
human food. I wouldn't feed ours meat ...

whistles

Mary