Tony Williams

In article ,
Andrew Cosway wrote:
I have a Hotpoint Aquarius TDC30N which tumbles with no heat,
searched the net to find a similar fault which suggested
replacing both cut-outs, did this and still no heat from the
element.
Tested the element for continuity which is fine.
When plugged-in and switched on there is mains voltage across the
elements but when I set the machine in motion the mains to the
element drops off.....strange!!

Something wrong there.

On ours the elements can't be energised unless the motor is
turning, providing a 'cooling' air flow across the elements.

If you have a DVM across the elements it means that you have
the rear cover off, and that also results in no airflow
across the elements, which should be up at bright red, just
about ready to burn out.

BTW. There may be a third thermal cutout, monitoring the
exhaust as it leaves the machine. It is down the bottom,
near the motor, and you have to take the whole back off
to get at it. For a complete dismantle I've found it best
to lay the whole machine on it's face.

--
Tony Williams.