Rob Stokes

Congrats Toller, good score!

I've got the same fence and really like it. I consider it one of the better
products out there (simple snd cheap) and it never gets any attention.

Regardless, Why cut it? I have my router table in the wing of the saw as
well and and I did was inlay a couple of pieces of T-track into the face of
the table, cut the "T" portion off the first inch of each piece so I can
drop the T-bolts in and voila! When I need the fence, I put it on and when I
don't, It's hanging on the wall in seconds.

You can see the table and (blue) inserts here (don't have the fence on
though):
http://www.robswoodworking.com/images/table_saw.jpg

As for the extra length, I let it run long (hang over the table) and it's
never once been in the way.

good luck and good score!

Rob

--

http://www.robswoodworking.com

"toller" wrote in message
I bought an unused Rockler router table fence at a garage sale for $6!

That
is the small gloat.

I will be using it on a table I am making for my table saw wing. That

will
require cutting the 36" fence down to 27". This is the small problem.

I have some dubious carbide table saw blades I picked up for almost

nothing
at other garage sales. If I stick one in my table saw, will it cut the
Rockler aluminum extrusion without damaging me, the extrusion, or the saw?
(I don't care about the blades...) Sure, I can use my sawzall, but it

will
look like I used my sawzall.