Dave Liquorice

Default Joining 22mm compression fittings to brass pipe

On Sun, 09 May 2004 21:51:29 GMT, Ken Adam wrote:

I naively tried a 3/4 olive in the 22mm fitting, expecting it to
work as on a copper pipe, but the joint has a very slow weep (i.e.
it gets damp, but no actual drip).

With just a non-drip weep another 1/4 turn tighter would probably have
cured it but as you've now taken the joint part again you'll need a
new olive...

So go to a proper plumbers merchant and get a 3/4 22mm adapter or a
3/4 olive for 22mm fittings

(of course now I can't remove the olive, and there isn't enough pipe
to cut it off and start again).

A junior hacksaw and flat screwdriver is your friend, or do you want
an excuse to buy another toy (**** site but gives you the idea):

http://www.shop-happy.co.uk/item-Mon...moving+Tool+15
Mm.html

--