Nick Hull

In article .net,
"Mark" wrote:

"Tim Shoppa" wrote in message
ups.com...
8 TPI, 1" min diameter, 1.08" max diameter. The thread form is rounded
like an acme thread although I don't know if it's exactly the same.

For backyard-type experiments, the most common method to attach
plumbing is to drill the hole in a bottlecap and put a Schrader (tire)
valve in there. From there you can adapt to whatever you want.

Tim.

Thanks for the info, Tim, but what I want to do is screw a glass bottle into
a plastic manifold. I want to know if I can buy a tap to tap the hole, or do
the threads have to be cut manually on a lathe?

Probably easier to make a tap on the lathe then cut the threads into
plastic.

--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/