miamicuse

Default Wood destroying organism advise sorted

I have a four poster wood bed (cherry wood I think) that I was not using, so
I disassembled it and lean all the parts against the inside corner of a
closet, for two years.

Tonight I had to look for something in the closet and noticed something on
the floor where these bed parts leaned. They are very small, brown, almost
invisible, the size of a needle pin. Don't know what they are, but there
must be hundreds of them on the floor, are the droppings or eggs of some
insects? Also on the floor I saw some wings, yes insect wings, about 12 to
15 of them, about 3/8" in length and 1/8" in width. Not sure what kinds of
wings, dark colored.

I then looked at the bed posts and noticed some of them have these needle
pin sized things. So I removed all the bed parts from the closet, and wipe
them down, I then spray them with Lemon scented Pledge (I know that probably
won't help, but that's all I have and I was hoping the scent will drive out
some of these bugs if they are inside the wood). In the process of wiping
down the floor, I also noticed in the closet I had a few cedar wood discs
near where I had the bed parts (you know the ones you get to put in closets
to deter bugs?) and some of them had holes (about 1/8 inch in diameter) on
them. I raised one of them to the light, and I saw something crawling
inside of it although I can't shake it out. I now have the disc inside a
zip lock bag, hopefully the bug will reveal itself so I know what I am
dealing with.

Can someone tell me what this could be? I don't know if something has
infested the bed parts, or whether something has been infesting the inside
of my walls and they came out from the closet to cause this. Can this be
termites? I know the holes are too small to be carpenter ants.

What could this be, and what can I do to eliminate this bug, or treatment
the parts to be free from further infestation. Is it not true that cedar
wood is supposed to be bug free? Why would it be infested?

Oh, location is Miami Florida.

Thanks in advance,

MC