Melissa

Default new doors don't lock properly

We had a new front door, back door, and set of french doors installed.
All three have the same problem with the deadbolts. The back and french
doors open out. When you pull them closed, they catch fine. To lock
them you have to pull the door tighter, or closer to the frame, else the
lock won't engage. You don't have to pull hard, but you have to pull
everytime. The front door has the same problem, though it opens in
instead of out, so you have to push the door or lean into it slightly
to get the deadbolt to engage. The front door knob and lock set are
all new. The french door and back door have the old back and front door
knobs and locksets. Any tips? A friend who knows well how to install
the doors did it for us for free, so if it's something we can readily
correct, I'd rather not bother him over it. Thanks!

Melissa