Douglas Johnson

"Steven M. Scharf" wrote:

The lack of an agitator is gentler on the clothes, and the front loaders use
less water. However the first of the new generation of front-loaders, the
Maytag's, brought he Maytag repairman out of retirement!

We bought the first generation of the Maytag Neptune in 1997 or 98. This one
has the mechanical controls and has run flawlessly. We bought it because it
seemed to be better built than the top-of-the-line top loader.

There were screws where the top loader had clips, there were screw clamps where
the top loader had spring clamps, stainless steel where the top loader had
plastic, and generally beefier components.

Absolutely no regrets.

-- Doug