Larry Jaques

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 21:54:09 -0400, the inscrutable "J. Clarke"
spake:

BillyBob wrote:

"Dave Mundt" wrote in message
Greetings and Salutations...

SNIP
Well, I have to say that it does not sound silly at all to
me...but it DOES sound rather sinister and misguided. It is part of
that continuing trend towards making life "safe" and not scary.
However, the problem with that is that life *IS* dangerous and scary
and that will never change.

Gee does that mean that the $30 BILLION dollars spent by the TSA at
airports is wasted? I'm shocked to hear that there is waste in our
government!

Well, considering that any moron can figure out several ways to smuggle
weapons as or more effective than those used to implement the 9/11 attack
through airport security, yes, it's pretty much wasted if the intent is to
deter Al Qaeda or their equivalents.

Yeah, I walked on board with a 9' hardened weapon sticking out of my
shirt pocket. That freshly sharpened pencil had passed by the keen
eyes of a TSA inspector just minutes before.

What really ****es me off about the whole thing is that the terrorists
now know that there are many more possible ways to get caught if they
even THOUGHT of trying another passenger airline hijacking. Everybody
EXCEPT the US gov't knows that they won't try another one again for a
long, long time. Everything that has been done has been fruitless.
What a waste of taxpayer money, time, effort, and frustration.

The bottom line: All of this isn't about terrorism, it's about total
control of the public by the PTBs. (Powers That Be)

--
"Not always right, but never uncertain." --Heinlein
-=-=-