Greg O

"SomeBody" wrote in message
news

I am looking into setting up some kind low oil pressure or low fuel
shutdown capability but had concerns about shutting down the genset with
loads still applied to the genset.

So, an idea I had would have a high power relay inline before the panel so
when a shutdown condition was about to occurred, the relay would open up,
dropping the load from the genset then the genset would be turned off in a
safe manner.

Genset -- 240 -- relay -- fuse panel -- 120/240 circuits breakers
^
control

My thoughts are if you are shutting down on low oil, you need it off right
now!
I work on standyby generators. None of the units I work on shut down the
generator before the engine on a fault of any kind. The controls just kill
the engine immediately.
I think you are over engineering something. Keep it simple.
Greg