Tim Shoppa

but I will (might) be using a glass
bottle with the same thread.

I am not a bottling expert, but my impression is that a glass bottle
threading into an aluminum threaded hole will not seal at all.

The seal on most bottle caps depends on the top of the bottle pushing
up against the inside of the cap. In an aluminum manifold hole cut
with a tap, you won't have anything to push up against and seal. If
you put in a backing plate with hole in after tapping the hole and have
a rubber/plastic seal, it might work. But really, all applicatins I
see doing this just drill a hole in a regular plastic bottlecap and put
a tire valve in.

The bottlecap thread does not taper like a usual pipe thread, so the
thread itself provides no seal. The thread just provides the pressure
to form the seal at the top of the bottle opening.

Tim.