Rick Dipper

Default Mini-digger digging parallel to wall

On Mon, 10 May 2004 14:25:39 +0100, Derek wrote:

Hi all,

I have hired a 3ton mechanical digger before, but with a new job at the
house I have to dig close and parallel to a wall. Is there a way of
angling the arm and digging in a kind of 45deg approach to the wall, or do
I need a special type of digger.

Yes, I know this is a dumb question.

Kind Regards,

Derek.

I had a 3 tonne mini last week.

On mine the arm swiveled at the base, so you could drive straight at
the wall, then swivel the arm to 90 deg from the machine, and dig.
This is *MUCH* more confusing to operate, but you can do it at
different angles. I got my trence right next to the wall. What you do
need to watch is your swing as you turn.

Rick