mike

Default power-tools

"IMM" wrote in message ...

I looked at the PP Pro £50 semi-angle mains drill B&Q Warehouse sell. It is
called a palm drill. It comes with a drill and bit set and 3 yr guarantee
too. Very solid and robust.

But have you used it?

I bought one when B&Q had 20% off power tools as I had a lot of joists
to drill. It sounds like the 13th Panzer division rolling into town
and the variable speed varies between fast and very fast.

It falls into that category of power tools that's not bad for the
price if you don't expect to use it often or derive much enjoyment
from the job, but I honestly can't imagine it proving to be "very
solid and robust". Kress, it ain't.

If I was buying a mains drill I would go for
this as it is two drills one.

Be grateful you're not buying a mains drill. It just about manages to
be one drill in one.

Mike

It can be used as a normal drill and get in
tight angle spaces. Can't get in real tight spaces like a true angle drill
but still pretty good. The cheapest mains angle drill I have come across is
£112.

GMC make it..
http://tinyurl.com/2qp66