james

my dryer outlet doesn't work anyway. it came up bad in my home
inspection last year. (not sure if wiring is ok or not)

i'm mainly concerned about the 30/50 amp difference -- but if new
wiring needs to originate from breaker box it's no problem. it's on the
main floor of my townhome, and can drop the wires behind the wall into
the ceiling of laundry room, then out to patio. (see below side view)

i guess i'm more concerned if the two breakers can accept the load of a
hot tub - but it's 220, like a dryer, i'm guessing i'm ok?

thanks again for the responses! and don't worry i'm having an
electrician do it, just want to get some knowledge first.

HOT TUB________________ BREAKER BOX ------- - MAIN FLOOR