Edwin Pawlowski

"Vidkid72" wrote in message
.. .
I have a contractor over right now installing a fence and puring a concrete
step. He broke a tool and said that I would have to pay the cost. He
won't be done for a couple of hours still so I'm wondering if I really
should be paying that cost?

How do I know the tool wasn't broken to begin with or worn out so that it
could break at any time?

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Are you still laughing? You should be.

Tools are just a part of doing business. They wear out, they break, they
cost money. Not your problem at all. Just tell him he should have been ore
careful and he should buy better tools. Reality is we all pay for the tools
our contractors use. That is part of the price you pay, along with
insurance, his truck payment, pencils and all the cost of doing business.

There may be an exception of a special tool he has to buy up front that
would never be used again. In that case, you would pay for it, but then you
would own it, not him.

Let him take you to court so everyone has a good laugh.