zxcvbob

blueman wrote:

zxcvbob writes:

The inspector is probably a pimpley-faced kid who has never seen SE
cable run without a conduit, or someone who just took a weekend course
and has no practical experience.

I'm not sure if it would pass inspection now, but I think it *might*
if it had a proper service cap. Tell the inspector to get F'ed, and
tell the buyers it only has to meet code for when it was installed in
the 60's and if they want to redo they can do so at their own expense
after they buy the house. Whoever paid the inspector (probably the
buyer) got screwed; you might want to helpfully tell them that.

Best regards,
Bob

I think you are all missing the point here. The inspection and
associated inspection contingency clause give the buyer the right to
walk away from the offer if more than $X (typically $250 in our area)
in issues are found during inspection.

My point was that the inspector (like most but not all home inspectors)
was an idiot who collected a big fee to take a dump. Then someone has
to clean up the mess as a condition of the sale.

Bob