John Rumm

Default power-tools

Jim White wrote:

I'm about to buy a new jig-saw and had pretty much settled on the Makita
4340, when I noticed an Hitachi CJ120V in Bradford's.

I have the 4320 - stunning bit of kit (even the joiner I am working with
on my loft conversion was well impressed with it!) It is very solid
(cast rather than pressed steel sole plate), and when used in non
pendulum mode gives an astounding quality of finish that hardly even
needs sanding. Nicely balanced and very smooth with no vibration. With
pendulum full on it can rip through sheets of ply almost as fast as a
circular saw. It transforms what you believe can be achieved with a jigsaw!

does anyone have any experience with Hitachi power tools? are they as good
as'better than Makita?

From what I have seen, they are are probably in the same league - not
better or worse, but generally as good I would say. I only own one
Hitachi tool which is one of their 9" angle grinders. Its very solid and
well made again with dust proof bearings and switch gear, rated for
continuous use and loads of power.

--
Cheers,

John.