Matt

Craven Morehead wrote:
You know there's time delay from the time the cell goes dark until it
switches off (or on) the device? Can be a coupla minutes.

Yep, was aware of it. The symptoms/tests described above with each new
photocell ran for at least 30 minutes before powerdown and reinspection
of the wiring.

The light is still working fine, with the same photocell (and wiring)
that would not work when it was mounted 25' away.

I still don't understand what is going (went) on, but it's one of those
things that I'm willing to let go as long as it works now.