Doug Kanter

"Ian" wrote in message
. ..
What is it about the front load washers that makes then twice the price of
the top load units?

I'm trying to cut through the sales talk. Are they actually "better"?
If so, what do they do that the top load units don't?

Thanks,

Ian

I'll add one more thing. When the appliance dealer delivered my refrigerator
(a really big one), one guy unloaded it from the back of the truck himself,
gently and quickly. Very impressive. He told his partner he preferred to do
it alone for some reason. Everything went smoothly.

When the same two guys delivered the washer and dryer, they had a devil of a
time getting the washer in the house and into the cellar. They both
commented that for whatever reason, some front loading washers are a bitch
to move, compared with top loaders. If you buy a front loader and intend to
bring it home and install it yourself, you might want to have more than one
helper around, just in case, and depending on your physical condition.