Mike Reed

These suggestions involve straight cuts, not curved cuts like a lot of
the 3d puzzles...

Could he prototype some puzzles with legos? I think if you started
experimenting, you could come up with some decent cube puzzles designed
around a 3x3x3 breakup of a cube. Those would also be easiest to cut.

I guess you could actually mill some square stock and crosscut 9 small
cubes off of it, and prototype with those. To make a puzzle piece,
temporarily hold the small cubes together with headless brads on
adjacent surfaces? Or maybe with hot glue?

Maybe even start with flat puzzles, using pieces made from squares.

I think it would be a good exercise for a teenager to design the puzzle
himself anyway

-Mike

Dave Chamberlain wrote:
My son has been getting more and more interested in wood working. He's
in 9th grade and has been getting pretty good at using the scroll saw
and he's finally learned to watch his finger tips on the sander :-)

He saw some of the 3D wooden puzzles and would like to attempt one.
I was wondering if anyone knew of anyone beginner level free ones
online?

thanks

-dave