BillyBob

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
On Mon, 30 May 2005 17:21:01 +0200, Juergen Hannappel
wrote:

"toller" writes:

[...]

SNIP

Yeah, neither one of *those* knives could do any damage to someone during
a "crime of passion". Seems that someone who is angry and seeking to do
mayhem would not be deterred by the lack of a sharp point. I can see it
now, person in rage, rummaging through kitchen drawer, "Where are those
points, dang it! Ah well, guess I'll just have to enroll in anger
management instead. Sorry honey, please forgive me." Far more likely

they
will grab one of the above and use it in a slicing motion about various
important body parts of the victim. As the second item above indicated,
"... have blades with a straight cutting edge and a shape similar to early
*Japanese swords* (dating from the Nara period). ... and are truly razor
sharp." Nope, no chance of serious damage there.

I'm amazed that there are people who actually see this idea as a

rational
response to violence. The fact that one person may not have used the

point
in years of using chef's knives does not mean that no others do. In my
original posting, the link indicated that there were a number of English
chefs (recognizing of course the oxymoron in the preceding) who felt that
this was an essential tool being taken away from them.

In Japan the guy on the street cannot own a gun - murder is rare by guns to
say the least - knives and all other manner of other "impliments" are used
however - during the bubble in Japan a "agressive" realitor who could not
get some people to move so he could sell the property killed them and ground
them up with an industrial size meat grinder to get rid of the bodies -