On 2-Jun-2005, JGS wrote:

How about this? Cheers, JG

http://www.altereagle.com/Crown_molding.html

Nice link.

While we're talking about crown moulding....

I'm doing my first trim project here soon. Adding trim pieces to kitchen
cabinetry. Everything but the crown seems pretty straightforward.

In a few places the crown moulding will butt to walls that will have no
crown moulding. I considered just having it span the perimeter of the room
but there would definitely be some runs where it would look extremely
awkward so I decided against that.

My current thinking is to cope a small piece (2 inches or so) to those butts
and have a return miter cap the end of that small piece. So the walls with
no crown would actually have this small piece on them. This seems to me to
be nicer than just butting to the wall.

What would ordinarily be done here?

thanks for comments
ml