WillR

newman wrote:
Just finishing my first project with red oak. I love the color and
grain, and would like to seal/protect the wood while adding as little
color as possible to the wood. I would like it to be protected so that
I don't have to refresh the sealant very often if at all.

Thanks,
--b

I used Minwax Antique Oil -- whatever is in it... :-) and then a few
coats of wax on the clock. It dries fast and is really convenient when
you have to finish in a hurry. Wipe on -- wait a _few_minutes (5 to 10)
the wipe off. Give it an hour or two and re-coat... They recommend
waiting 24 hour to re-coat. For wax I use the Johnson paste wax -- for
flooring. Buffs up beautifully. You get a small shift to gold/amber but
it shows much nicer than the photos. Between coats you can use very fine
steel wool (00 to 0000) and before waxing. Because it dries fast you do
not have a big issue with dust pickup.

Red Oak Clock
http://woodwork.pmccl.com/Business/p...sandlamps.html

Same on the stool: