Eric

World Traveler wrote:

"Fred" wrote in message
news:MKtne.12405$zb.10535@trndny01...
"Did you put a bunch of new bulbs in at that time?"
Yes I did but only because they were burned out. Other strange thing
with
house is that it was full of 55 watt bulbs. I've never seen these for
sale anywhere but I've got them here. Could this be a tip to a problem?

Probably not -- 55 watt bulbs have been marketed as a way of saving
electrical costs -- e.g. "about the same light as from a 60 watt bulb, but
uses 10% less electricity --". You probably just had a thrifty prior
owner.

-- Regards --

Yeh, they probably saved a whole 5 cents every month
Eric