Fash

Default Burying cables in wall - protection against nails etc.

Not acceptable, but unlikely to cause problems. Wiring should now not be run
in cavities due to potential issues with condensation. Is there no way you
can run the cables down within 150mm of a corner of the room, in which case
you can do what you like, no need to worry about protecting the cable, the
point being that no one is expected to bang a nail in to the corner of a
room since the picture would look a bit silly hanging there. Similarly you
can run in the top 150mm from the ceiling wherever you like, BUT this is not
true at the bottom of the wall.

Fash

"Jerry Built" ] wrote in message
news:MCELGMKPPZFQKCN0KPODD1FQHZBSMJPSMCCEJ1KD@zipl ip.com...
wrote:
Would there be any problems with running a T&E cable (1.00mm
and 2.5mm) in a 10 foot vertical drop without any support?

I've just re-wired the upstairs lighting in a 1950s. house
where the cable for up/downstairs light/ring were all run
down through the cavity and back in at the CU.... I don't
know how "acceptable" this is, but there was no damage to
the wiring... I just replaced it as it was with new.

J.B.