Chris Bacon

antgel wrote:
Cue chorus of "told you so". My PPPro 12V drill/driver is annoying me.
I have been using it to drill through joists with a 16mm flat wood bit
- I thought wood drilling was the least tiresome form of drilling, but
apparently not in this case. After a full charge, it's running out of
puff after intermittent use over a couple of hours.

I'm not surprised, given the work.

Are my expectations of a 12V cordless too much or is the product not
performing as well as I might expect? Put another way, should I return
it and get a beefier cordless drill / driver, or just get a cheapie
variable-speed mains drill?

I think your expectations are too high. If you have a spare battery,
that would help. A mains drill would be far better for this, assuming
there's room for it.

PS I know that Makita / Dewalt and the like are the nuts, but they are
out of my price range and not necessary at my current level...

Maybe. I've found that some "cheap" stuff is quite alright.