Default Burying cables in wall - protection against nails etc.

In article , ()
wrote:

I need to bring cables from upstairs to downstairs to the consumer
unit. Total around 10 T&E in various thicknesses.

The only relatively fool proof part of a wall is where the existing
cables come down and I don't want to remove these until the wiring is
complete.

I therefore need to run them down a separate part of the wall - I have
a 2 foot space between the kitchen door and the living room door that
would be ideal.. Sods law says that somebody will no doubt bang a nail
in the wall in the future, co I need to give the cables protection.

As I see it, I have the following options:

a) Feed the cables through metal conduits, then plaster over these.
The plaster will have to be a bit deeper than the existing half inch.
The cable from the shower would have to be placed out of conduit at the
edge of the wall.

b) Bury the cables in the plaster as normal, then cover with a sheet
of suitable metal for protection

and that's it! any other suggestions?

Would there be any problems with running a T&E cable (1.00mm and 2.5mm)
in a 10 foot vertical drop without any support?

Thanks

Roger

Thanks for the comments.

It is not a cavity wall, which makes it more difficult. The existing
cables are buried in plaster.

It would seem like the only real option I have is to run the cables down
the existing location. I will need to look into this further and do some
more checking.

In my original post (as above) I mentioned running cables in a 10
foot drop without any vertical support. What I forgot to make clear was,
in this instance, the cables would be in individual conduits and not just
left dangling. Would this make any difference?

Roger