Mark Carver

Aaron wrote:

But will an FCU with a 5amp fuse blow as soon as 5amps of current is
drawn through it? I'll bet it wouldn't, and an MCB is unlikely too
until the circuit has been loaded for some time (unless you can get
really quickly reacting ones).

Well the MCB on my lighting circuit *always* trips when one of the kitchen
spotlight bulbs fail, and last week did so when a 'vanilla' 60w lamp blew.

The only things I've ever used in a loft is a lamp, soldering iron
and a power drill... All powered from an extention lead. I guess it's
convinient but I'll bet the OP has an extention lead he can use anyway.

How would you arrange to power a loft mounted TV aerial booster amp ?

--
Mark
Please replace invalid and invalid with gmx and net to reply