Mike

"antgel" wrote in message
Cue chorus of "told you so". My PPPro 12V drill/driver is annoying me.
I have been using it to drill through joists with a 16mm flat wood bit
- I thought wood drilling was the least tiresome form of drilling, but
apparently not in this case. After a full charge, it's running out of
puff after intermittent use over a couple of hours.

To be fair, this is the first PPPro tool that I have been dissatisfied
with, and there have been quite a few over the last couple of years. I
generally find the performance quite acceptable.

Are my expectations of a 12V cordless too much or is the product not
performing as well as I might expect? Put another way, should I return
it and get a beefier cordless drill / driver, or just get a cheapie
variable-speed mains drill?

Another option might be to take the battery pack apart and fit higher
quality cells. Obviously any warranty you've left goes out the window but
the cells are one of the weaker points of most Chinese made battery powered
tools.

(cue everybody now stating their own 'weakest point' of course :-)