JGS

Hi Leon,
I feel like such a goof as I should have mentioned this before. A day or so
before this problem was noticed, the sander started to make a sick noise. It
turned out that a ring had come off the shaft that joins the paper clips on one
end of the sander and they we vibrating like crazy, so I took them off. I guess
replacing the base or at least the clips is worth trying. Thanks, JG

Leon wrote:

"JGS" wrote in message
Hi Leon,
It was a 12 gauge 10' cord. My shop is in the country and voltage
fluctuations
are common. They have been working on a small transformer station down the
road.
Maybe there is a connection.
And yes, with an increase in speed the sander worked faster making it
tough to
control. I am back in the shop today so I will se if the problem still
exists.
Cheers, JG

I would wonder if maybe you are receiving more that the normal voltage to
your house now if the work is being done in the area. The sander should not
be hard to control.
On another note, my sander started vibrating badly and seemed to run faster
about a year ago and pieces started coming off of the base. I ended up
replacing the base and the sander vibrated less and worked like new.