Patriarch

"Mike in Idaho" wrote in news:1117663590.899937.261870
@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

All of the advice so far covers just about everything but something I
forgot about (and still haven't resolved so my planes mostly collect
dust) is that you'll need a decent bench to hold the wood for you while
you plane it. That can be a $200-300 if you build it yourself, $500 or
more if you buy one.

My next project is to build my bench (finally) and I can't wait. So
don't let all of these things (multiple planes, sharpening system,
bench) stop you, just spend, spend, spend and you'll be really happy!!

Mike

Well, there are options besides a fancy bench. Don't let the lack of a
bench stop you.

A repaired WorkMutt is reported to have been successfully used by a wRecker
in SoCal, according to the ancient archives...

Patriarch