David

If that's the case, I've had plenty of thrills in the shop!

Dave

Patriarch wrote:

"Charles Spitzer" wrote in
:

snip

it was also the first time i just started cutting parts without a
plan, just a few measurements for width of doors and depth. the only
requirement from swmbo was to not have glass doors so she didn't have
to see the equipment. my cats like to sleep on the open doors.

The notion of working from a rough sketch and a requirement adds a certain
thrill to the project. Krenov describes something similar (on his plane,
not mine ;-)) in one or two of his books. When you only have a limited
amount of a certain wood, and getting something from another plank would
make it look different, it either succeeds or fails.

Sort of the cabinetmaker's version of working without a net.

Patriarch