fish

Default Gasoline in oil, B&S 15.5hp

Hi,

I have a problem with my riding mower, it is a craftsman 42" cut, 15.5
I/C OHV Briggs and Stratton engine. It is about 7 years old and has
been quite reliable, having replaced only the battery once or twice.
Whats been happening lately is the oil case has been filling up past
the full mark with gasoline, then from time to time it stops running
while mowing my yard. If allowed to cool off it will start up again
after 30 minutes or so then I just put it away in the garage. I just
changed the oil last week and cut the whole lawn without interruption,
it runs like new when the oil is fresh. So I think the main problem
is the oil gets contaminated with gas, and the question is what needs
to be replaced or fixed to solve this problem? And, where can I get a
good deal on parts if that is part of the solution?

Thank you in advance.
Fish.