Olaf

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
Get rid of the problematic Ni-cads

Go to Wal-Mart and buy the NiMh rechargeables.
They are the same type of battery that digital cameras
often use. The have no real memory effect and are
cheaper than N-cads. You can usually find the batteries
sold with a charging unit. I have found a four AA battery
charger with four batteries for as low as $10 at Wal-mart.

You can also browse
http://www.thomasdistributing.com/

If I am guessing right, the OP needs a battery that is soldered in the
device. He may not be able to find a NiMh with the proper solder strips
attached. Really no need for NiMh as the Ni-cads do just fine.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

There are a couple pros to using ni-cd over NiMH if the info I read on the
net was actually correct.

Ni-Cd hold a charge for longer when not in use and I believe will endure
more charge cycles then NiMH. Also, NiMH is rather nasty if it is heated to
above a certain (rather high) temperature.

I usually tape the trigger on when my Ni-Cd tools run low and let it
completely drain the battery before I charge it. They hold a good charge
for quite a while. I've found the tool wears out before the battery does...
but I'm a little rough.