wayne

don't forget to best to caulk when the tub has water in it

Wyane

"Bobby_M" wrote in message
ups.com...
I'll second some of the recommendations...

1. Masking tape on both sides of the joint where you don't want caulk.

2. Appropriate size hole in the nozzle at a 45 degree angle.

3. Nice smooth pressure on the trigger and even speed to apply a
consistent bead in the first place.

4. Plastic cafeteria spoon makes a nice finishing tool. I've also used
whatever other rounded impliment I could find that matched the radius I
was going for. The trick is, the bead should be super thin by the time
it gets to the tape edge. If not, you have to either use a smaller
radius finishing tool, or start over with the tape further away.

5. Once you get it close, stop. Peel the tape off and don't touch it
anymore.

Bobby