nthng2snet

Default retrospective party wall dispute

I would like to build a side extention to my property. The next door
neighbour built a side extention, about eight years ago.They built
upto and just past ( by a couple of inches ) the party wal lline. They
didn't ask us and to be honest at the time I wasn't aware of the party
wall act. At the time i only asked the council about planning
permission. So now I want to build a side extension adjoining his. He
verbally agreed a couple of weeks ago , subject to looking at the
plans.Today we ( not the royal we . me and the builder) met him today
and he said he was still 'considering'. Does anyone have any info if
there is a time limit to issusing him with a dispute over his
infringement of the party wall act, albeit 8 years ago from when his
was built.