That's a consideration, but people deck sailboats with teak and mahogany.
I'm near the coast, so I think I'll take a ride this weekend and talk to
some people in marinas about what materials they use. I'm hoping that
they'll introduce me to some marine-grade coating that's up to the task, or
maybe they'll tell me to leave it au-naturel.

Maybe not. Does anyone know if teak decks require more maintenance than
others? Less? About the same?

"longshot" wrote in message
news89ne.24894$g66.4753@attbi_s71...
although it would probably hold up fine , i bet you will have a
refinishing nightmare on your hands, about every year or 2

JMO
Rob