Rural Technologist

get a munchkin furnace w/hydronic coils installed by a pro
and a decent 14 SEER condenser outside.
add a HTP or triangle indirect water tank and you
will have a state of the art, affordable, very efficient
system for the next few decades.
You probably will see a large savings.

-p

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
news
Al Margita wrote:
I'm starting to look for a new furnace & whole house A/C. My old gas
Lenox furnace has held up well & is still working fine after 57 years
but I looking to replace it with a more efficient as well as the
bunch of window A/C units I currently have. One area that may be a
problem is that 18 years ago I had an addition put on but at the time
didn't run duck work to that area. Just have a in wall furnace to
heat it. I'm looking for suggestions on what to look for in a
furnace (brands, models, accessories) & A/C unit, questions to ask a
contractor & is there a way to have the A/C to to my addition since
there isn't any duck work??? I'm guessing the furnace & A/C from
others I've talked to will be around $4,000 to 5,000 for the
Pittsburgh area, any help on what to use for the A/C in the addition
& approx cost for such thing. Thanks in advance to anyone that responds,

Al

Especially since you need to do some adjustments due to the addition, I
suggest you start with choosing the most important part, the contractor,
not
the equipment. The contractor can help you choose good equipment for your
specific situation and most importantly make sure it is properly installed
and sized to assure the best results.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit