Rich256

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
I've got a Norelco that's doing a similar thing. I carry it in the truck

for
when I forget to shave at home.

It's only got one cell. I'm really tempted to drill a hole in the side of
the shaver, and wire on a single AA battery holder. Put a high capacity
NiMH cell in. Then in two years just pop in another cell. Or use an

alkaline
(I've got lots of those) and change battery when it gets weak.

You might want to use at least a C cell.

I wonder if it would happen if it was hooked to 12 volts. DC motors draw
very little current unless they stall. The faster they run the more back
EMF they create. Still, 12 might be too much for it.

I did something along that line. I had an old rechargeable B&D screwdriver
with two sub C cells. They died and the instructions were how to dispose of
the whole thing. I opened it up and about three feet of heavy wire out. I
found that the charger would charge 4 batteries if left on long enough so I
hooked up 4 D cells. It has power now!!