John Rumm

BigWallop wrote:

The only thing that really worries me on these types of buildings, is how do
you make them fire proof? I don't mean from electrical or chip-pan fires, I
mean from water droplets hanging around when the sun shines, or from
lightning strikes etc.

Daub is probably the answer... IIRC there was a Grand Designs self build
that used that technique. Once up the interior was daubed / plastered
and ended up looking much like any other wall. Can't remember what they
had outside. As the OP said good insulation and very cheap (handy if you
set out the house design in multiples of bale length though!)

--
Cheers,

John.