Joe

Not that this is an answer to your question, but it is with great
sadness that I learned (a couple of weeks ago) that South Carolina is
preparing legislation that will require inspection and licensing of
steam boilers. Who wouldda thought that it hadn't been done decades ago!
Reminds me of when, about 10 years ago, SC decided to outlaw open
alcoholic beverage containers in motor vehicles. After 25 years here,
I'm still finding out just how "quaint" this state is...

Well, if I ever get a steam engine (I'm serious about wanting one), I'll
have to make sure the boiler won't kill me, lest I violate the law.

Joe

wrote:

Hello,

I am looking for plans for a steam boiler.

Heat source: 1.5' diameter circle. The boiler
has to transfer the heat from this foot and a half
circle the best it can into water.

I was thinking either 1)a long cylinder, 1.5feet
caps on each end. I'd only be heating one end
of it though, so I don't know how well it would work.

2) a coil of pipe or tubing, 1.5feet in diameter.

Any thoughts, or links (to plans, please) are
appreciated.

I am also looking for plans for the injector
pump, to push water back into the boiler.

Rich