Doug Kanter

"Ian" wrote in message
. ..
What is it about the front load washers that makes then twice the price of
the top load units?

I'm trying to cut through the sales talk. Are they actually "better"?
If so, what do they do that the top load units don't?

Thanks,

Ian

I don't know why they cost more, although the fact that the drum reverses
often could be part of the reason. I wouldn't part with mine, though. Uses
very little water, very little detergent, and I can pack more laundry in, so
I don't need to do it as often. Downside: Can't be opened once started, in
case you forgot to throw in that one last shirt. And, if it's in a poorly
lit area, like my basement, it's kind of hard to see into. Mine says
"Frigidaire Gallery" on the front. Washer & dryer combo were under $1100 if
I recall. Not the cheapest, but not the most expensive, either.