HerHusband

Default Driveway Drainage Problem

The driveway in front of our garage builds a fairly large puddle in the
middle any time we get a significant rain.

Unfortunately, there is no way to slope the ground for the water to run
off. The driveway slopes DOWN to the garage on the west side, has a steep
hill on the north side, the garage is elevated slightly on the east side,
and the house/yard are elevated on the south side. Essentially, the
driveway in front of the garage is in a hole.

I rerouted the gutters from our garage and house, and installed a drainage
system so all roof water is directed out over the hill. It helped the
driveway situation a lot, but didn't solve it completely.

Because of the site conditions, I can't really get a drain from the
driveway over to the downhill side of the yard (Foundations, septic drain
field, trees, rock, etc.)

One option that comes to mind is to dig in some drainage channels and
direct them off to a deep trench on the side. Then fill everything with
rock. Essentially a drywell of sorts. This would probably help, but
wouldn't completely cure the problem if we had an extremely heavy rainfall.

The only other option I can think of is to put in some kind of drainage
channel to a drywell. Then install a pump to direct the water up hill
behind the garage and discharge into the gutter drainage system. But,
that's a lot more complicated than I would like.

Thoughts, ideas, etc?

Anthony