Savage

"G" wrote in message
news
Does anybody have any experience with the Humidex System? Is this thing
just
a fan with a humistat control or is there more to it? I've got a damp
basement and wonder if this thing really works or is it just BS.
Thanks,

http://www.humidexatlantic.com/

I agree with Stretch's reply:

1. the unit appears to be just an exhaust fan with a humidistat control.
2. it only exhausts air. therefore, in an older home you'll be drawing
outside air in through window/door leaks etc - the same areas everyone tries
to insulate in the winter (at least here in atlantic canada). In a newer
home, you'll have a negative pressure in the house and outside air will find
a way in.

If you can afford it and deem it necessary, get a good heat recovery
ventilator - at least they can be controlled by both indoor and outdoor
conditions with the right "thermostat" from the mfg. Otherwise, a
dehumidifier should do the trick for you. I've got one in my basement and
it drains directly in to the sump pit (both by original owner - it works,
why mess with it).

GSavage