Default screen porch flooring revisited

I had a question out here last week about overlaying a deteriorating screen
porch floor. The floor is 14'x14', so just under 200sf. It occurred to me
tonight that boats have floors that are exposed to even worse weather
conditions, so I'm wondering if anyone would mind shooting holes in my idea
of using teak that's properly sealed for a marine use. I've found material
on the web that ranges mostly from 2.60 to 4.00 / sf, though some goes much
higher. I think I'd end up with one gorgeous floor, but is there a
downside? Mahogany doesn't cost substantially more, so is there an
advantage to one wood over another, or is it color preference at that point?

thanks,