Ralph Mowery

"Rich" wrote in message
g.com...
Sounds to me like the gas cap isn't vented correctly either the holes are
plugged or you replaced the cap with a non vented cap. What happens is
everything is fine for a few minutes then the engine quits you wait five
minutes (the vacuum in the tank has equalized by then) and then it will

run
fine for a few minutes then repeat. Try unscrewing the cap a little so

that
it doesn't pull a vacuum on the tank to eliminate this as a possible

cause.

It could be the cap vent is stopped up. Last year a fellow at work had a
mower that would run for a short time and quit and repeat. I told him to
check the cap. He found he had swapped the cap from the can he filled the
mower with the one on the mower tank.. The filling can lid was not vented so
it gave the same effect as you describe.