RBM

You either have a C/O on the house from when it was built, which includes
the electrical wiring or if you've upgraded the service you should have some
certificate that shows it complied at the time it was installed. My only
question would be the current condition of the service entrance cable. If he
is indicating that it is in bad condition, this is a separate matter.
"Paul Ferguson" wrote in message
A home inspection was done on my home in preparation for a sale. The
inspector reported "the electrical service entrance wire is in direct
contact with the wood fascia and should be repaired."

The service wire has a strain relief on the facia and goes through a
hole in the facia board on is way to the service panel in the
basement.

My home was built in 1965. It appears this service wire routing was
common practice then, I expect building codes have changed, but that
older homes are grand fathered. What advice would you give on the
necessity of changing this?

PaulF