Michael Bushey wrote:
From: Michael Bushey
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair

I am in the market for a pressure washer, cold water gasoline, in the 2500
psi range. Where I live in Maine is very rural. Only one local dealer sells
them, a John Deere dealer that has a 2700 psi with a Honda engine for $899.
This unit is noticeably heavy duty in the appearance of fittings and hose. It

has a 1 year warranty.

The fittings and hoses are important. I have a Karcher with a Honda
engine, purchased at Costco for $300. The hose and fittings were very
low-end. The hose lasted about one year. I purchased a much heavier
duty (and longer) hose, as well as quick release fittings, and I am
much happier with it. I also purchased a hose reel (from Sears) which
makes storing the hose a lot easier.

Home Depot does not have good quality pressure washers. I would avoid
them. The Sears pressure washers do not have the Honda engines.

If you use it a lot, buy the commercial grade, not the residential
grade machine. Though my concrete contractor uses the same Karcher
model from Costco that I use, and uses it a lot more than I do.