Banty

In article .com, Jennifer
says...

dadiOH wrote:
Actor123 wrote:

Anyway, I have a handle on the physics of the project, but I'm lost
when it comes to colors. I'm going for a typical contemporary look -
nothing too out of the ordinary, but that looks elegant.

Black. Grout too.

Yep, black tile is the best bet for most fireplaces. It presents a
clean, elegant transition from the grotty ashes, cinders, and soot to
the rest of the room, assuming it's not a gas fireplace of course.

Black will also work with pretty much everything, no matter what color
the room is painted in the future.

Yep. I picture a black, veined granite or marble tile with some kind of border
with earthy tones, in the room with the cherry wood dark floor and tan walls.
(The walls of course can easily be painted to something else, but the
combination sounds beautiful as it is..)

Banty