Adam Smith

The time this happened to me, it was a stripped plastic worm wheel.
"Anything can be repaired" is correct, but you are in for an interesting
machining task, if that is what it is.

I replaced it with a Genie screw drive, which I like quite a bit better.

Adam Smith
Midland ON
wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a 7 year old Chamberland opener. The other day it made a funny
noise and wont move the chain at all to put the door down or up.

Is this repairable? Or am I going to have to go buy a new one? I am
trying to watch money as I have a 4 month old at home and did not know
if this was somethign I could repair myself or not.